So you’re ready to get a home alarm system, but what else can you be doing to better protect your home and family? Home security is much more than just having a security system in place. We’ve put together a list of 5 easy things you can do to better protect your home.
- Home Security Tip #1: It may sound incredibly simple, but always make sure that your doors and windows are locked. We all know to lock our doors, but when was the last time you checked your windows?
- Home Security Tip #2: Make sure any hedges or bushes are kept trimmed. Burglars look for homes that they can enter and leave from unnoticed. Overgrown landscaping easily hides what’s going on inside a home.
- Home Security Tip #3: Never announce on social media that you’re out of town, or otherwise not at home. I know we all love to share our lives on Facebook, but telling the world you’ll be out of town for the next week is never a good idea. Burglars are online just like the rest of us.
- Home Security Tip #4: If you’re going out of town, make sure to stop your mail and newspaper subscription until you return. There’s no better way to announce that no one is home than a weeks’ worth of newspapers lying on your lawn.
- Home Security Tip #5: When you’re away on vacation, or even out for the evening, leave a few lights on inside your home. If you’re going to be gone for a few days, pick up some timers from your local hardware store; they’re easy to set up, and help give the appearance that someone is home or will be soon.
If you're ready to get a home alarm Contact Us for more information.